8/5/11

Dance to the music

(Ink and Watercolor)

Well I've been having a lot of fun with watercolor now that I've been playing with them again. The image I created (above) was inspired and based off of a photograph I found online (so I don't own the copyrights to the original image - just to be clear), so I wanted to do something fun with it. I first started by drawing the figure in pencil, making the drawing took some time, and even though pencil lines aren't part of the final image, it was well worth the time to make sure the drawing was good. Without a good under-drawing, it's hard to have a good finished product. I then colored the main part of the figure in black ink and followed up with the various ink and watercolor splashes. All in all, it took a few hours, though a lot of that was drying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment