7/12/11

New Ideas

(Ink on Paper & Colored Digitally)

Hey all, I know it's been a while since my last post - and I still have a bunch of new stuff to put up, but if you'll bear with me while I get stuff scanned, I do have this new image today. This illustration is for the quote:

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

I really enjoy creating illustrations for quotes, or at the very least, ones that are inspired by quotes. It's a fun challenge to come up with something interesting that speaks for itself and yet relates back to the original text. I personally like to stretch it a little and not create something that is too literal to the quote. Anyways, enjoy! I'll be posting new work soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hey cool, are you part of a Free Text Friday type group now or did you just see that quote somewhere and need to illustrate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the past few have been just me finding quotes I wanted to illustrate, but now we got a small group started up.

    ReplyDelete