6/28/11

Memoriam Tattoo


(Digital Media)

Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but rest-assured, I've been pretty busy and working on a bunch of projects - so I'll be posting a slew of new images in the near future. Today I have a tattoo design that I created. Someone had asked me to design a memoriam tattoo. My only instructions was that the design was a "heart with wings" - I kept this design a simple one color using very minimal lines, and going for a less "illustrative" look. I wanted to make this design unique and a little less of the standard 'heart with wings' tattoo design. To personalize this design for the client I created the center heart out of the departed's initials "SR". I kept feathers of the wings light in order to help keep the focus on the "SR" heart in the center of the design. Just as with any process in creating a design - the image you see here is the final product of tons of brainstorms, sketches, and scrapped designs. The final image was created in digitally in order to keep the design symmetrical.

**Update** Check out the completed tattoo:

1 comment: