8/13/12

Happy 50th Spider-Man!

(Digital Media)

So this year marks Spidey's 50th birthday. He made his debut in Amazing Fantasy #15 in August of 1962, and followed up in his own series titled "The Amazing Spider-Man" in March of '63.

(I wish comics still only cost 12 cents...)

Spider-Man is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite super-hero.  I'm a big comic-nerd/collector and I've been reading since I can remember.  It's these kind of stories/heroes/fantasy that really inspired me to become and artist.  I would lose myself in these books, sometimes reading the same one over and over and over, just looking at the art. So today I present my Spider-Man tribute art in celebration of his 50th birthday.  Oh and if you get the chance, you should also take a look at my friend Jacob Anderson's Spider-Man art: Here.  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment