6/13/14

Draw Stuff in Your Own Style


A reminder from my sketchbook. I'll admit it, I can very easily get lost looking at beautiful work by other artists - and think "OH I SHOULD DO THAT!" This is usually followed by frustration as I realize that I can not in fact create work the same way they do. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's great to be inspired by others and good practice to try things out of you comfort zone. That being said, I think it's also important to be realize your own uniqueness and talent and apply that to what you observe and learn.

As for me, I've spent my whole life to get to where I am now with my art. More than likely it will change and evolve as I grow as an artist, but that's a good thing. It's ok if I can't pick up a pen and draw exactly the same way as another illustrator. They already make their art, I need to go and make mine.

Be comfortable with yourself. Draw your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment