9/29/11

Gears of War 3

(Digital)

Hey all! I know it's been a while since my last post, I've been pretty busy between graduate school and working on my Gears of War 3 submission. I've finally finished it! It was definitely a step outside of my comfort zone. I've worked digitally many times before, but this time I tried something new. With this piece I worked on the entirety of the drawing in black and white and then colored it using various filter layers containing color. It was a learning experiment, and I'm glad to have done it, but I don't think it's a method I'm going to be using again (at least to do an entire drawing). If you look at the previous post, I took a very different turn with how I was going to render this drawing. As I mentioned this was a submission for the Gears of War 3 contest on DeviantART. It features the character - "Anya Stroud" from the game. You can view my entry here: Anya's Stand. This is a desktop background (per the submission guidelines it is 2560 x 1440 pixels). The image above is full resolution, feel free to download it and use it as your desktop background! All the work is copyright me, Victor Preato IV, and the character(s) and logo(s) are copyright Microsoft (I think...they own Gears right?). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment