11/9/10

Disturbing Tunnel

(Digital Media)

Uconn Illustration club met tonight, and as part of a our new practice, devoted some of our meeting time to doing some drawing, that is, we drew during our discussion. Out of a cup we picked a random adjective (disturbing) and out of another cup we picked a random noun (tunnel). As president, I spent a majority of the meeting going over important topics of discussion and spent very little time drawing. In fact my drawing resembled something along the lines of a half circle, cut through by a horizontal line. There was a sign on the side that said "stay away" and the word "graduation" in the middle of the semi circle (my makeshift tunnel), this drawing took the whole of 10 seconds, but it inspired me to create a drawing based on my initial sketch. Which is what you see here. This one is the result of about 2 hours of work and describes my feelings towards graduating this coming May.

2 comments:

  1. I love the drawing games. I feel like they cure future creative blocks, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Even this isn't "polished, finished" illustration work, but even this, and maybe something in the future came from "disturbing tunnel" and my crappy 10 second line drawing.

    ReplyDelete